A simple guide on fixture of floor and wall tiles
| Catagory : BUZZ NEWS
Many people are unfamiliar with the procedure of tile fixation. So, to clear the air, Simpolo is here to provide you with complete and precise guidance on the process of fixture of tiles that will be successful in the long run.
The following steps are compiled and curated especially for your tiling fixture needs, starting with floor tiles.
Before installing Simpolo tiles, arrange them in the desired pattern and ensure that they provide an acceptable color blend. Please keep in mind that a certain amount of shade variation is inherent in the designs of a fully vitrified ceramic tile, which can be also seen in the natural marbles as well and that randomness in colours is what makes it more charming.
Follow the steps below to install Simpolo tiles on the floor with sand and cement:
- 1) Use a 1:4 cement-to-sand mortar. To continue making a consistent paste, add some water.
- 2) Once the mixing has been thorough, do not add any more water and use it within one hour.
- 3) Apply a 20-30 mm thin coating of bedding material to the area's surface one square meter at a time. To ensure proper and complete bedding, apply a fine slurry to the back of the tile. For even adherence at the back of the tile, press gently. Do not press the tile down with any heavy materials or a hammer.
We recommend utilizing tile fixing adhesive with the proper trowelling method for 100% coverage behind the tiles for peerless bonding when fixing Simpolo tiles on Dado. Please follow the instructions supplied by the manufacturer. We do not recommend using sand and cement to fix Dado.
Only adhesive is highly suggested for mounting Simpolo tiles on a wall. We recommend strictly not using sand and cement for the fixture of wall tiles.
Follow the steps below to install Simpolo tiles on the wall:
- 1) Make and lay out the tiles from the centre of the area to be laid out, with any cut tiles on the outer edges towards the walls.
- 2) On average, the work size that we try to maintain for great technical effectiveness is 200 x 200 mm. It is recommended that a 4mm gap be maintained between every two tiles to allow for possible expansion in accordance with BIS/EN tolerance standards.
- 3) Wrap up the laying process by firmly pressing the trimmed SIMPOLO tiles into place along the walls/floors.
- 4) Allow three to four days for bed curing. After this time has elapsed, grout the joints. It is recommended to use a grout sealant to keep the grout dust-free.
- 5) Wipe off excess grout with a damp sponge and polish the tiles with a soft and dry cloth 15 minutes after finishing the grouting process for a clean surface. A mild acid can be used to clean the tiles as well (However, Hydrofluoric acid and its derivatives should not be used).
Do not forget to go through the list of instructions thoroughly before starting work. If needed, you can always take your handy notepad and write down the instructions. This way, you will be well-versed with the process in case you forget any important step along the way. Happy fixing!